I have started a new blog that deals primarily with political issues that affect our democracy. Please join me at ARE WE STILL A DEMOCRACY.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Raising FICA To Finance Destruction of Social Security?

Matthew Yglesias claims "The proposal being floated is not a proposal to raise taxes in order to fully pay promised benefits. Instead, the proposal being floated is a proposal to raise taxes in order to finance the transition to a system that would radically reduce government expenditures for decades to come. Slightly higher taxes in the near future would pave the way for dramatically lower taxes down the road, not to mention the gutting of the New Deal's crown jewel." READ MORE:
Link

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger lightly-powdered said...

Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
this one.
Click on my cash advance invest blog before its to late.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Name: d.
Home: Atascadero, CA
Currently Reading:
See my complete profile

Powered by Blogger