I have started a new blog that deals primarily with political issues that affect our democracy. Please join me at ARE WE STILL A DEMOCRACY.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Another Beginning

In the novels of William S. Burroughs, the World's End Pissoir was the hangout of choice for those characters of low stamp who wanted, so desparately, to be "hep". This image, complete with all it's attendant irony, has stuck with me through the years, gathering force in inverse proportion to the declining "quality" of American culture. Now, as we find ourselves in a place and a time where those same sort of folks have actually grabbed control of our country, the metaphor seems appropriate for my blog. This will be a place where I will try and comment on those events that seem the most important and interesting. If I am not able to add any new insights at least I will be able to vent.

d.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger luv-bugz said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
Jump into my cash advance company loan blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Name: d.
Home: Atascadero, CA
Currently Reading:
See my complete profile

Powered by Blogger